Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data01/35/2283935/html/wp-content/themes/rttheme17/content_generator.php on line 116
Join Our Team
Policy & Communications Intern
Term: Summer Term, 2019 (2-4 months)
Location: Garrett Park, Maryland
Deadline: April 1, 2019
Expected Start: May, 2019
Compensation: Unpaid; travel stipend
- Assist with researching federal legislation and tracking federal appropriations;
- Drafting and disseminating action alerts to JNCL-NCLIS member organizations;
- Attending meetings and briefings on Capitol Hill;
- Creating content for social media and website;
- Other duties as necessary.
- Under the guidance of the Managing Policy Analyst, interns will conceptualize and execute a project designed to benefit
or improve advocacy initiatives or organizational operations.
Intern should have strong writing skills, the ability to work independently, and a demonstrable interest in language study. A basic understanding of the American legislative process is recommended.
- World language ability and study abroad experience are highly desired, but not required;
- An interest in promoting world language learning and international studies is essential.
- An excellent internship for students intending to work in the language sector, education, or public policy.
- Applicants should be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, or have completed an undergraduate degree less than 18 months prior to the start of the internship.
This unpaid internship does offer a small stipend to cover travel and living costs.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 page writing sample to email@example.com with the subject line: Summer Internship. Open until April 15 or until position is filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.