Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data01/35/2283935/html/wp-content/themes/rttheme17/content_generator.php on line 116
For Immediate Release
December 3, 2018, Washington, DC — Today, the Joint National Committee for Languages and the National Council for Languages and International Studies announced the composition of the 2019 Board of Directors. The Delegate Assembly of JNCL-NCLIS has voted to approve the following appointments to fill Board vacancies for a two-year term beginning January 1, 2019:
To fill the vacancy on the Executive Committee, JNCL-NCLIS Delegates have voted for Mr. Greg Barfield of FLAG.
To fill At-Large vacancies, JNCL-NCLIS Delegates have voted for:
- Dr. Ted Zarrow of MaFLA
- Mr. Giovanni Donatelli of The Language Group
- Mr. Richard Gordon of CulturaLink
- Dr. Santiago Wood of National Association of Bilingual Education
- Dr. Anne Nerenz representing CSCTFL
- Dr. Janet Ikeda of AATJ for a second and final-term
- Dr. Joel Gomez of CAL for a second and final-term
- Mr. David Bong of Avant for a second and final-term
Also, the outgoing Executive Director of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), Martha Abbott, will be departing the Board after six years of service. ACTFL has named its incoming Executive Director, Howard Berman to fill the vacancy.