Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas03_data01/35/2283935/html/wp-content/themes/rttheme17/content_generator.php on line 116
Additional Useful Resources
- American Association of Teachers of French: Commission on Advocacy
- American Council of Learned Societies
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- Council on International Education Exchange
- Fulbright Association Advocacy
- Institute for International Education
- Modern Language Association
- Partnership for 21st Century Skills
- National Humanities Alliance
- RedT — a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that strives, through voluntary action, to establish translators and interpreters as a global, impartial, and protected community and to safeguard all members of the profession.
- The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program (CBYX)
- Department of Education
- Department of Defense National Security Education Program
- Department of State’s Education and Cultural Affairs Bureau (ECA)– Lists various grant and scholarship programs available to teachers and students.
- Department of State’s Youth Exchange Programs– Host an Exchange Student!
- Education and the Workforce Committee – Gives status of all House education bills.
- The Fulbright Program
- The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchnage and Study (YES) Abroad Program
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Security Education Program (NSEP)– New website designed to encourage more American students to consider the idea of international study and study abroad.
- National Security Language Initiative
- The National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y)
- Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP)
- THOMAS– Library of Congress’ search engine
- Title VI/Fulbright-Hays
Heritage Language Resources
- The Alliance for the Advancement of Heritage Languages– The Alliance brings together individuals and organizations dedicated to preserving heritage languages for cultural, social, educational, economic and national security purposes. Hosted by the Center for Applied Linguistics in Washington, DC, the Alliance works to enable heritage speakers to attain high proficiency in their heritage languages while also developing English literacy, and to establishing a shared network of heritage language resources. The Alliance is collecting profiles of heritage language programs in K-12 and community-based settings. If you are involved in such a program, we ask you to complete a program profile online. On our website, you can also read other program profiles and learn more about the Alliances work. If you have questions or suggestions on heritage language education or the Alliance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Heritage Language Journal
Language Learning Resources
- Alliance for Language Learning
- Alliance for Language Learning and Educational Exchange (ALLEX)– Enables colleges and high schools to begin or maintain a high quality Japanese language program by providing them with professionally trained, native Japanese instructors who teach in exchange for tuition waivers to pursue a master’s, associate’s, or second bachelor’s degree.
- Second Language, Literacy & Learning Connection, LLC
- International House Madrid– Learn Spanish in Madrid at International House
- Monterey Institute of International Studies Intensive Language Program – Provides tools for organizing, generating, and editing online activities from reusable databases.
- Penobscot School– A nonprofit center for language learning and international cultural exchange.
- Tandem Madrid— An international school based in Madrid that offers language courses, teacher training, and cultural exchange opportunities.
Language Research Resources
- Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition, University of Minnesota (CARLA)– One of fourteen U.S. Language Resource Centers whose role is to improve the nation’s capacity to teach and learn foreign languages effectively.
- Connecting Our World– A NAFSA website dedicated to grassroots advocacy for international education.
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Languages and Linguistics
- Intercultural Communication Institute (ICI)– Non-profit, private foundation designed to foster an awareness and appreciation of cultural difference in both the international and domestic arenas.
- National Capital Language Resource Center
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition & Language Instruction Educational Programs (NCELA) – Provides reliable, up-to-date links to websites, online publications, publishers, instructional materials, programs, listservs, databases, and other resources for improving foreign language programs.
- National Foreign Language Center
- National K-12 Foreign Language Resource Center
- National Museum of Language
- TESOL International Research Foundation
Language Teaching Resources
- Center for Global Teaching and Learning
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistants – (FLTAs)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS)
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Masters In ESL – English as a Second Language website for future ESL students looking to explore a Masters in ESL as well as see what career options there are within the field. Also useful for teachers.
- Outreach World– A comprehensive one-stop resource for teaching international and area studies and foreign languages in the precollegiate classroom.
Study Abroad Resources
JNCL-NCLIS gladly accepts suggestions for additional links. Please contact JNCL with the site URL.